UTILIZING NOTEBOOK TOPICS AND INCLUDING THEM IN A P6 REPORT
DOWNLOAD THE PDF HERE
Notebook Topics can be a useful tool to communicate and report on a variety of different topics. Out of the box, P6 does give you a preset list of topics you can choose from. There’s also the option to create additional topics that could better communicate information for your particular industry.
Adding a Notebook Topic
Note: This is usually done by an Administrator so this ability will be dependent on your security.
In the Admin menu bar, select “Admin Categories”.
In the snapshot above, you see that Notebooks Topics can be available at multiple levels of P6. You can assign the Notebook Topic to the EPS, Project, WBS and Activity levels. The most common use is at the project or activity level.
Adding Data to an Existing Notebook Topic
- To “assign” a Notebook Topic either on a specific activity or the project, click “add” then select a specific topic.
- Click “Modify” to enter in the text box
- Once you have notebooks added you are able to include reports as needed.
- Open the report tab, right-click and select add to create new report.
- Select from the available columns to include in the report.
- To make the report as specific as possible, make sure to filter out for the topic you want. This example will be filtering out the notebook of “Tech Tip”.
- Finally, name and “run” the report to ensure it was properly set up.
- Save and publish report.